Thursday, July 26, 2012

Minecraft architecture I: Multiplayer House Exterior



        This is my Minecraft architecture world in the game known as Minecraft. I've created my own building in Minecraft to sort of express my theories on architecture. My creation in Minecraft isn't going to be the most functionally equivalent to an actual house, but it does its job as a shelter very well. Here I'm going to give you a screenshot by screenshot walkthrough of my creation:

Exterior:
 This is my front facade; there's not much going on here except some torches to illuminate the front side of the house and some glass around the door to provide an insight of what's inside the house. Aside from that My front facade has a sort of uneven plane in which to look at; the central tower is lower than that balcony to the left of it providing an interesting perspective.
Here's the same front facade the only thing is that this in isometric perspective which allows us to see the nice trees that border the house at the right. the windows on the right side of the house allows us to have some natural interactions with the build itself. The windows are of different shapes to give it more character when looking at the building from the right side.
                                     
 Here we get a better look at the left side of the house which is dominated by the windows on the balcony which we will cover soon in the subsequent paragraphs. personally the balcony is one of the favorite features on my creation as it allows relaxation as well as some other nice touches.
 I love how my house is bordered by desert by one side and the other side is characterized by grasses and trees. The cactus is a continuation of that natural surroundings though the extra ones on the left side are primarily for protection purposes from hostile creatures such as zombies!
 Another look at the front side.

The Balcony:
 This is perhaps one of my favorite parts of my creation as it is bordered by the glorious sky on the top as well as have very nice glass floors in the shape of an imperfect cross, which does nicely to the aesthetics and to prevent it from being too drab and boring.
 A look at the outside of the side windows which allows us to sample the landscape. Not very much going on here



 Here's the alternate balcony here where there are additional glass underneath it to be able to see what's underneath it. I love this feature because it doesn't distract from the purpose of shelter; the bedrooms are all beneath the structure, not above it so it all integrates nicely.





1 comment:

  1. i love this house, it reminds me of when im in my bed alone, waiting for my dog to enter

    ReplyDelete