Saturday, July 28, 2012

Minecraft architecture II: Multiplayer House Interior

Earlier, I showed you a glimpse of my Minecraft house from the exterior, which I believe is one of the best work I've done in the game Minecraft and I hope to create more buildings in Minecraft in the days to come. This is my special on the interior of the building; my minecraft building is based upon an underground living space because it allows me to make a great living space regardless of size by building it under the ground.

A look into the building from the balcony:
     This is a look at the first floor of our house; essentially all the basic stuff is located here; the furnaces in which to cook and smelt stuff are here as well as a chest to store all the immediately accessible items and also a crafting table by which to create new tools and blocks. Overall, This space can be topped by glass because it isn't the shelter layer of the house which means that in the real life instance that the glass breaks, someone sleeping would not be affected by the rain. But this also serves a more practical purpose; which is to provide natural sunlight in an effort to save some in-game torches which are usually used to illuminate an given area.
Here's a different perspectives on the same area - shows the dimension and size of the area. There are also natural lighting from the glass windows as well as providing cross shaped windows which is purely for aesthetic reasons.
                                    

 going down the stairs, this is what you see - again glass is a recurring motif in this house.
 first look at the hallway in which residences are located.
 lava underneath for lighting and cool effects - glass isn't affected by lava in Minecraft - otherwise fire would do some damage to traditional glass!
This is the same thing on the other end, just signs to indicate whose room it belongs to - this is the entrance to my friend Kevin's room, same entrance for consistency.There is a wood veneer behind glass to provide a nice stylistic contrast here.
 This is my friend's room which he wanted to be very spartan - the glowing pumpkins and overhead light gives this a nice ambiance.
 Entrance to my room - more of that lava motif as well as staircase like glass gives it a nice style and edge - wood blocks in the back to provide a warm and room like environment. Below is the storage room in my room which is connected by a tunnel to ensure privacy.
 The bedroom which is surrounded by wooden blocks to be consistant with the rest of my room.

Overall, I really enjoyed my building as it allows me to build whatever I pleased to - I am proud of my improvisation because it provides me with a plenty of creativity and freedom and that's what I like best about Minecraft - stay tuned for more Minecraft related posts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment